What is Wellness at Trail Ridge?
At Trail Ridge we know staying healthy and active is a priority for seniors and for most, the key to successful aging. The cornerstone of our program is strength enhancement, center of gravity, mobility, and postural training. These exercise approaches are important, however, we are individual based therefore your goals or needs may differ. Whatever the situation, we are committed to your personal growth & progress.
Trail Ridge programming may emphasis physical health, however all aspects of wellness are important. This is because wellness is a process of growth that integrates the mind, body, and spirit throughout life’s journey. It is the blending and balancing of the six dimensions of wellness to promote and improve one’s health and quality of life. More simply stated, what you do, think, and believe has an impact on your health and well being.
We provide age appropriate Functional Assessments to determine individual needs. Benefits of these assessments are:
- Creates a baseline to determine physical progress.
- Used to evaluate resident needs.
- Provides data so Wellness Classes can be altered quarterly to ensure training focus is appropriate.
- Provides a reference point for new residents to start Wellness Classes safely.
Within the Physical dimension of Wellness, here is a breakdown of Trail Ridge opportunities.
- Our residents needs vary. We have developed 3 distinct levels of class difficulty to provide an opportunity to everyone.
- Over 18 classes per week are available.
- Classes emphasize functional strength & balance, along with gait training, flexibility, postural control, & center of gravity training.
- Our main target is fall prevention & preservation of the independent lifestyle. However, if you have other personal goals we will provide assistance and advice on reaching them.
- Nature Walkabouts provide an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors at numerous area attractions.
Other Facts about the Trail Ridge Wellness Programming
- Trail Ridge is registered by the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA). The ICAA is the premier organization that specialized in exercise for the 50-plus population. Our community follows the ICAA age-friendly facility recommendations.
- Staff qualifications include college degree in Exercise related field, certifications in NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association), Arthritis Foundation, CPR, First Aid, and Automated Defibrillator.
- We offer age-specific Functional Assessments to ensure our residents receive appropriate exercise prescription (cardiovascular, strength and balance training, with a warm-up and cool-down period) based on an individual's level of function and desired goals.
- With over 16 classes per week, we are able to evaluate and address individual functional levels appropriately. All programs are age specific and suitable for various physical concerns.
Trail Ridge Physical Outcomes
*Based on initial 6 months training
|Lower body strength||+43.1%|
|Upper body strength||+39.2%|
Trail Ridge Confidence Changes
|Ability to provide self care||+4.5%|
|Outlook on Life||+4.2%|
|Desire to learn & grow||+8.9%|